Tuesday, January 1, 2013

For the Love of Pinterest





I am a Pinterest addict .... there I have said it!!!

If you haven't found the world of Pinterest then it is time you did!

Here is a link to this fabulous site:  http://pinterest.com/ 
but beware it should come with a 'warning label' because it is very addictive!!!!

I love finding lots of inspiration on Pinterest and this year I am aiming to do some of the projects I have 'pinned'.... so to get started I thought I would start with a project I have done with my Darling Daughter (DD = miss 10 year old).



I had my first go at this idea last year as 'mum day gifties' and they were a real hit. 

There are lots of ideas on Pinterest but the original one I saw sadly (refer to picture on the right) no longer seems to link to a blog entry - but this was the inspiration.

I then 'stumbled' across another great one (see picture below) earlier this week and decided that I would again go 'down this path' and do a project with my DD .... getting us ready for new year and being more organised (http://www.craftaholicsanonymous.net/rosette-memo-board-tutorial)





So with some inspiration .....it was off to my 'stash' to find:

- a couple of frames (we have lots of these hanging around hehehehe)

- some alphabet stickers (yep we have lots of these also)

- white cardstock

and we were set.........






Here's our efforts for both our own use and a 'special giftie' for a friend.....

Our {don't forget} frame is a groovy hot pink number that is nice and large (a great find at the Reject Shop) this will be used to write up those things I am always saying to DD by prefacing - 'don't let me forget to.....'


Our second frame is a rework of our original 'I Love You Because' frame - these are so lovely to use and we are always updating ours - I love getting a message in my DD's handwriting telling me why she loves me.  We hope our gorgeous Shianne loves her new frame we have done for her and Ryan....


The one thing I found hard to source was a 'pen' and this was easily solved when I found some mini write on calendars at our local 'cheapie shop' for $1.50. I purchased these (all they had on the shelf) and use the pens (they are even come with an eraser on the end) for these projects and the calendars for another - so a niftie purchase that solved one challenge and gave me another project to play with....

These are a great idea for Mum's Day Stall at School and if you keep an eye out for some cheap frames (or repurpose some you have laying around), get to the 'cheapie shops' now for the 'pen' idea (as these type of write on calendars are always around at the start of the year) and 'raid' your stash then you are all ready to go!!! 

Hope you have enjoyed!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment