Monday, December 31, 2012

What's On My Craft Table

As I clear up my craft table (aka dining table) I thought I would share the final Christmas 'gifties' I made up for my mum-in-law (MIL) and also a little something for myself.



I finished yet another version of my digital "poppy calendar"
(checkout the Tutorial Tab above) but this time I used a really lovely timber 'shadow box' frame I picked up at good old 'GoLo'... wanted to make this a bit more vintage for my "MIL" as she loves this style (love me a wooden dressform, canvas diecuts and re-purposed doily)!






I wanted to show you how I also use these frames as a photo display when the calendar is no longer in use - although I have to say my family and friends always look forward to their 'new year' version each year and very few photos end up displayed on their treasured frames.



Here's a close-up of the lovely 'cluster' I created for this project.  I love being able to pull items from my 'stash' and use bits and pieces that validate my keeping things for what seems like forever!!!

 
 
 
While I had my 'stash' all around me, I decided to add something extra to a lovely journal my friends Di and Susie gave me for my birthday... this is going to my personal journal for 2013.  I like to keep one beside my bed and before I go to sleep each night I document what good things have happened in my day ... my darling Mum used to do this and, now that she has passed I love being able to read her journal entries ... a beautiful reminder and it makes it feel like she is close (which I know she is).
 
 
 
 
 
So 2013 has arrived and like many of you I have so many plans for the year.  One of these is to use more of my 'stash' to not only document our life through my scrapbooking, but to make some more lovely handmade 'gifties' for my family and friends - yes a year of  Handmade is big part of my 2013 goals!
 
Now I am off to the sewing machine to get some new projects underway - can't wait to show you something special I am working of for a very dear friend .....
 
Be back soon!!!!!
 

1 comment:

  1. These a beautiful Liz and i am sure your family loved them.

    ReplyDelete